What is LoboTHON?Learn more about our cause!
The purpose of LoboTHON is to raise not only money but also awareness for the UNM Children’s Hospital. LoboTHON unifies students in the pursuit of giving every child a chance to be a Lobo.
We lead fundraising opportunities throughout the year and end with a 13.1 hour dance marathon on March 3rd in honor of the miracle children at UNM CMNH. It is a time for the families to celebrate the lives of their children and for the children to have a day without thinking about appointment or treatments.
As students, LoboTHON is our time to come together as a university and recognize everyone who helped and every dollar that was raised. Whether big or small, we want to celebrate the difference that our community is making in the lives of these children and their families.
What is the Children’s Miracle Network?
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children’s hospitals. They are the only national children’s charity committed to having 100% of the funds raised stay local to support local kids.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals….
- Treat over 17 million patients each year.
- Treat 98% of all children needing heart or lung transplants.
- Treat 88% of all children with cancer.
- Treat 76% of all children with cystic fibrosis
- Treat 90% of all children with sickle cell anemia.
- Treat 72% of all children with pediatric AIDS.
- Train 60% of all pediatricians and 80% of all pediatric specialists.
- Educate families and communities about issues like child safety seats, bike helmets and bicycle safety.
- Provide $2.5 billion in charity (uncompensated) care each year.
This information is provided by DanceMarathon.com. Click here to read more.